Saturday

Food Production in Portugal

I wonder how easy it is to come by locally grown/produced food stuffs in Portugal. As a visitor it is unlikely that I will be producing much, if any, of the food that I will consume. Let's see, I'll need clean fruit and vegetables eggs and rice or some grain.

By "clean" I mean not genetically modified through direct human intervention in some laboratory. I also mean that the food from seed to harvest has not been doused with artificial fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides, or other toxins. I mean that the food has not been painted or waxed irradiated or gassed. You know, clean, natural food produced in a clean and natural way.

I'm not a vegetarian. Eating life is eating life is how I survive. I'm okay with that. I don't think there is any more virtue in eating a dead or living plant than eating a dead animal. My preference is for "clean" food of whatever species. In fact of course, I'll eat what is available. So I'd like to put myself in a situation where "clean" is readily available. Maybe I can get Olawu, Pedro and A J Besta to weigh in on this.

How easy is it to eat "clean" in Portugal?

Portugal

Organic farming in Portugal has steadily increased in the past years. ... (Beira Interior) that play an important role in distributing organic food. ...

Trade Shows Worldwide - Natural & Organic Food - Portugal

Portugal Trade Shows information - Agriculture - Food Processing - Natural & Organic Food - Trade Shows in Portugal.


Vegetarian Restaurant Lisbon Portugal Health Food Stores and vegan ...

Vegetarian restaurants in Lisbon, Portugal, directory of natural health food stores and guide to a healthy dining.

USDA - FAS - Organics Products - Attache Reports

Organic Products: European Hearing on Organic Food and Farming (E24024) ... 07-12-99 04-15-99. Portugal. Portugal's Organic Products Market (PO3008) ...

Packaged Food in Portugal

Packaged Food in Portugal: A slowdown is expected in the more ... Natural and organic...

Agricultural Communications Documentation Center: Document C21768

Title:, Marketing trends for organic food in Portugal. Author(s): ... Ltd., Singapore. 338 pages. Language:, English. Country:, Portugal ...

No comments: